Thursday, January 14, 2010

#3 Inglorious Basterds--Day 3

I'm very disappointed. For starters, I'm not much of a Quentin Tarantino fan. I know, I know how could I love movies and not Quentin Tarantino movies? Some of them have just too much gore. Some of them I just find dull, Inglorious Basterds being one of them. It definitely featured the traditional Quentin Tarantino chapter sequences and dark comedy, but it just lulled. There were a few scenes were the action picked up, like when one of the Nazi soldiers got his head beaten in by the "Bear Jew", but overall WAAAY too much dialogue. Furthermore, most of that dialogue was in subtitles. You know it's bad when your boy friend stops reading and just asks you to summarize the scene. The only saving grace for the movie was the ending. If you ask me the whole movie could have been summed up into the last half hour. The far from history explosive (pun intended) ending plot twist made the entire movie.

Maybe 2.5 out of 5, just because of the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment