Tuesday, January 19, 2010

#9 The Book of Eli--Day 8

This movie was really interesting and not what I was expecting. Although, I really wasn't sure WHAT to expect. The commercials are very vague. Basically, everyone in the world was fighting a great war, and here's where I speculate because it was never completely clear, whether or not that war was based on religious beliefs or something else. Then God gets pissed and a bright light flashes and everyone's annihilated except for a few. Eli hears a calling to take "the book" to the West. On his way he takes out very vagabonds and then comes to a small town. This is where he meets Gary Oldman (who is absolutely amazing no matter what movie he is in) who is desperately searching for the book, in which Eli possesses. I refuse to give anymore away. This book really didn't have a lot of action. It actually moved very slowly, but because the audience had really no idea what was going to happen it was never boring. The mystery of the movie is what made the entire movie awesome.
It was refreshing to watch a movie a mainstream movie with such strong religious connotations. I'm not a religious person; however, the movie was so different from anything I've seen in a long time. I think that's why it was so enjoyable.
On a side note Mila Kunis is quite kick ass in this movie (esp. in her aviators) and it was wonderful to see Jennifer Beals (formerly from The L Word, which I LOVE!) in a new movie.

4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment