Wednesday, January 13, 2010

#2 Avatar--Day 2

I had the privilege of contributing $8 to Avatar's $1.14 billion gross thus far. I can honestly say that the special effects were some of the best I had ever seen. James Cameron created the beautiful, trippy, flourescent planet of Pandora flawlessly. Had certain parts of the movie been shortened by a little bit the whole movie would have been a lot better. Sometimes it felt like it dragged a little bit; however, the intriguing concept and political and social implications definitely kept me intrigued. My only beef was with the ending..it was unrealistic. I felt good when I left the theatre, but the United States ALWAYS gets what it wants. We pursue until we get what we want and it really doesn't matter if "tree people" are in the way. Apparently, some republicans agree with me. According to Yahoo some conservative bloggers are bashing Avatar because it is "too anti-militaristic." Hahahah. TERRORIST! TERRORIST! KILL! Does anyone think some of today's conservative's are sooo much like McCarthy? COMMUNIST! COMMUNIST!

I really enjoyed getting to see another movie with Sam Worthington. He did a fabulous job of barely speaking as the Terminator in Terminator:Salvation, so it was nice to see him in a role where he actually speaks, and I have a feeling we're going to see A LOT more of him in the coming years. With three movies in 2010 including Clash of the Titans, which looks downright badass, he's clearly the new action hero on the block. 

4.5 out of 5.

SO Psyched For:

Legion, The Book of Eli, Iron Man 2, Robin Hood, From Paris with Love, Wolfman, The Clash of the Titans, first part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, +so many more! 2010 proves to be an exciting year for movies, including 3 Edward Norton movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment