Friday, January 29, 2010

#18--9--Day 18

This movie written and directed by Shane Acker and produced by Tim Burton was awesome! Tim Burton movies never cease to amaze me! Basically man and machine go to war, and man dies. 9, Elijah Wood, wakes up after being created by his master where he finds a talisman. He takes the talisman and begins a journey, not really sure of his destination. He eventually stumbles across beings like himself (1, 5, etc.) and makes a plight to rescue 2, who was captured in an effort to save him. They find the talisman and then create this creepy machine. I don't want to give too much away so I'll leave it at that. It may not sound incredibly exceptional, but it is really good.
Like all Tim Burton movie's it contains a very unique plot and the numbered creatures are adorable. Plus, it's backed by a great cast including: Christopher Plummer, Martin Landau, Elijah Wood, and Jennifer Connelly. It's the first animated movie I've seen in a while that wasn't rainbows and sunshine and directed towards children. I was really tired and I was still able to stay awake and enjoy it!

3.5 out 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment