Wednesday, February 10, 2010

#30--Nine--Day 30

I'm still not sure how I feel about this movie. It chronicles the life of Italian director Guido Contini. It definitely has a power house cast including Dame Judi Dench, Nicole Kidman, Daniel Day Lewis, Penelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, etc. However, despite the great cast this movie didn't really fly. If it hadn't been a musical it probably would have been reaaally boring, I believe that is saying something considering some people think musicals are boring. The random solo performances were what made me keep watching this movie.
Daniel Day Lewis is no doubt an absolutely amazing actor, but the script in this movie just lulls. Furthermore, I'm really not sure why everyone was making such a big deal about Kate Hudson performing because her voice isn't that great. In my opinion Judi Dench's solo was better. However, the woman who put everyone else to shame in this movie was by far Marion Cotillard. She is beautiful and incredibly talented! This movie further proved that she deserved her Oscar for La Vie En Rose and was amazing as the long-time girlfriend of Johnny Depp in Public Enemies. I am really hoping to see more of her in the future!

2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment