Saturday, February 6, 2010

#25--New York, I Love You--Day 26

I'm a sucker for anything with multiple story lines. At first I didn't think that I would like this movie, but my opinion was very quickly changed! This movie illustrates so many different, unique, life experiences and traditions that we don't even realize all exist. I love how this movie emphasizes that all of these completely different stories or experiences take place in NYC. I love the subliminal message of coexistence in this movie. Furthermore, it dispelled a lot of stereotypes about men, women, African American, White, Orthodox Jew, mentally challenged, etc. I've never seen a movie grapple so intricately with such issues. I also loved that each story line dealt with very different emotions: love, comedy, strength, pain. I highly recommend this movie if you're in the mood for something different and real.

4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment