Wednesday, February 3, 2010

#22--2012--Day 23

This movie is amazing! Yeah, like all end of the world movies the main stars manage to survive death defying situations multiple times, which is highly unlikely in real life. Nonetheless, the special effects in this movie are incredible. I particularly like the part where LA falls into the ocean. Woody Harrelson is hilarious as a nutty radio broadcaster who has unveiled a sinister agenda. The movie is a little long, but a lot of it is necessary. I didn't feel as though anything could be cut out, which is how I felt about Avatar. Furthermore, even if I hated the whole movie the ironic ending of what and where is now classified "The New World" is genius; definitely some subliminal messages.

Two of the people that went to this movie with me said it was cheesy (which was interesting 'cause they have horrible taste in movies), but I will acknowledge this claim. The fact that John Cusack and family don't die about 20 times is cheesy, but like I said the special effects and ending are too great to cast this movie aside. I was very disappointed in some of the bad reviews because I thought it was really good. I've definitely see movies that were WAAAYY worse that were classified "Awesome!" cough. Inglorious Basterds. cough.

4 out 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment