Monday, March 29, 2010

#37--Brothers--Day 77

I still am not completely sure how I felt about this movie. My mom loved it, but I'm still not so sure. The movie is definitely very depressing. It's very difficult for me to watch torture scenes so while Tobey McGuire was being held as POW I had a little bit of trouble watching some of the scenes. I think this movie definitely makes a statement about the tortures and pains of this never ending war; however, I think that it could have been carried out better. I think that the movie In the Valley of Elah makes the exact same statement, but in a much more powerful way. This movie progressed rather slowly. I actually fell asleep at various parts. Thus, overall, it was okay to see once, but I probably won't ever watch it again.

2.5/3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment