Friday, April 2, 2010

#39--The Box--Day 80

I would just like to point out that despite being 41 movies/days behind I am determined to be completely caught up by the end of summer. I will accomplish this goal!

The Box...hmmm. Cameron Diaz and James Marsden are really, terribly, obnoxiously, cheesy in this film. I still do not know how I feel about this film. First of all, it was WAY TOO LONG! There were so many unnecessary parts that it felt like I was watching this movie for an eternity. It also really bothered me that in the beginning the movie was realistic, but as the movie continued it got waaay too science fiction-y. Furthermore, without spoiling the ending, don't expect to be happy. I feel that the movie ends and everyone's lives are shittier, yes there was a lesson to be learned, but it wasn't really learned. One thing I can is that Richard Matheson writes some craazzy stories. After seeing this movie I looked the short story up online which the movie is based off of, and he is also the author of "I Am Legend" and "What Dreams May Come." (Which I would also like to read.) I really like to read this short story because I feel that the film did not do the story justice by any means. One amazingly positive aspect of this book? Not one smoking scene in the entire movie. Not one!! After the credits there was even a disclaimer acknowledging this! I was so impressed that the movie earned some brownie points.

2.5/3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment