Sunday, May 9, 2010

#46--What's Eating Gilbert Grape?--Day 119

So, yes, I realize that I am 17 years behind the curb on this film, but I've always wanted to see it. Therefore, I'm justifying its review. First, of all I can't believe that 1993 was seventeen years ago. Secondly, this movie is just one of the many examples that prove both Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio rarely choose bad films. After seeing this it really pisses me off that people associate Leo's breakout film as Titanic considering this was four years prior and his acting is about 10x better. Overall, this movie is both uplifting and depressing. I'm not going to bore everyone by giving a plot synopsis because I'm one of the few people who haven't seen this movie. However, if you haven't I totally recommend you check it out.

4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment